We had 11 juniors teams competing n the NSW State Road Relays - July 12th 2014. A fantastically strong showing by our club despite the many absences. There was a lot of team spirit, with several juniors running twice to make up teams:
· Adam Halmy (1st leg under 18 boys’ 4k and last leg under 20 boys’ 4k)
· Fraser McKinley (last leg for under 16 boys’ 2k and 3rd leg for under 20 boys’ 4k)
· Kieran Gorman (2nd leg for under 14 boys’ 2k and 2nd leg for under 20 boys’ 4k)
· Arlia Patterson (1st leg for under 18 girls’ 2k and 3rd leg for under 20 girls’ 4k)
· Jess Francis (1st leg for under 16 girls’ 2K and last leg for under 18 girls’ 2k)
· Ciara Sinclair (1st leg for under 12 girls’ and last leg for under 16 girls’ 2k)
· Finally, an extra special mention for Emily Gocher and Cam Gorman who had just 8 minutes between their two runs. Emily ran 2nd for the under 12 girls A and last leg for the under 14 boys B while Cam Gorman ran 1st leg for the under 12 boys and 3rd leg for the under 14 boys B.
|Two Lachlans - Lachlan Cooper and Lachlan Francis, made the cover of the Central Coat Advocate after the relays :)|
The team results were equally fantastic with gold for the under 18 boys, silver for the under 20 girls and under 14 boys A and bronze medals for the under 16 boys, under 14 boys B and under 12 girls A. Admittedly some age groups were more competitive than others.
Racing conditions were tougher than the past 2 years with a head wind in the downhill section. The Man of the Match had to be Lachlan Cooper with his 6.10 1st leg which was the 2nd fastest 2k time of the day.
|The start of the 2K relays. I can see Lachlan Cooper and Cam Gorman - there are manly more.|
|Kara Blackley ran very well indeed for the under 16 girls.|
|Ciara Sinclair hands over to Emily Gocher in the under 12 girls 2K relay|
|Tom Stokeld in the under 12 boys|
|Smallest Junior Strider Olivia Gorman in the under 12 girls B|
|Hayden Blaskett cannot be accused of not trying for the under 14 boys!|
|Arlia Patterson with Evita Dickson behind.|
|Arlia Patterson hands over to Hannah Rasmussen in the under 18 girls|
|Here we have a selection of 2K relay runners - most wearing medals proudly :)|
|The bronze medal winning under 12 girls - Jessica Gocher, Ciara Sincliar, Emily Gocher and Hannah Lovelin finding a new use for Striders cheerleading pom poms.|
|The under20 and under 18 boys start their 4K relay.|
|David Gardiner and Adam Halmy looking good|
|Harlan Mulherin, Ben Jagger, Adam Halmy and Daniel Francken - under 18 boys gold medal winners.|
The last race, 4 X 4K at 2:30pm., saw the Dad’s 45+ team manage a credible 6th out of 10, behind the silver medal winning under 20 girls and just in front of the silver medal winning 45+ women’s team involving Fiona McKinley and Caroline.
|Jessica Vernon, Bethany Halmy, Arlia Patterson and Amelia Gorman - silver medal winners in the under 20 girls.|
|That's us on the right - silver medalists in the 45+|